GET TRIMBLE POSITIONS.
GET DATA CONFIDENCE.
Trimble Positions is the smart way to ensure your GIS is populated with field data you can trust.
Whether you are working with Esri ArcGIS for Windows Mobile® or Windows® Professional, Esri ArcPad, or a custom application based on the above, Trimble® Positions™ software suite provides a complete streamlined workflow to manage your GNSS data collection for optimal accuracy and integrity.
Extend your GIS beyond the office to deploy intuitive and productive mobile GIS data collection for accurate and up-to-date GIS data across your organization.
Trusted data quality
Because business decisions are only as good as the data available, Trimble ensures that GNSS data collected in the field is complete with the three key dimensions of field data—geometries, attributes, and metadata—to give you the confidence your work is on the mark. These complementary data sets are maintained for you throughout your entire workflow, so you can focus on getting more work done.
- Integrated synchronization between field and office enables streamlined connections that are quick and efficient.
- Define accuracy requirements to ensure certainty of the location of all assets.
- Use of offsets to capture features in challenging physical environments.
- Use accuracy based logging for the greatest confidence in your data before leaving the field.1
- Correct and verify so only qualified data is updated to the GIS. At a single button press, each update adds value making the geodatabase more reliable and useful.
- All positions are accompanied by Trimble GNSS metadata to track the pedigree of the data.
Complete your work with total confidence
Confidence is also measured by the consistency and efficiency of your team's output each day. That's why Trimble makes it easy for you to manage your complete field data collection operation.
- Reduce complexity in the field by configuring your data collectors for consistent results across your whole team.
- Simple workflows and feedback guide field workers through even the most complex data collection tasks. You don't need GNSS or GIS experts to get predictably superior results.
- Manage the corrections you use—both real time and postprocessed
- Control and pre-configure for better data consistency with correction source management that is simple and easy to access.
- Use postprocessing profiles to efficiently ensure data is of the highest quality every time.
- Work wirelessly and synchronize to get data directly and quickly to the GIS.
- Full utilization of the Trimble data collection portfolio. Leverage Trimble Floodlight™ satellite shadow reduction technology for more GNSS positions and increased accuracy in tough GNSS environments. Utilize Trimble RTX™ correction services for autonomous, real-time differential GPS. Work with offsets and rangefinders—capture remote measurements in situations where previously it would be impractical or unsafe to do so. A full range of rugged devices is available to meet the needs of almost any application.
Trimble Positions software suite provides you with a streamlined choice for integrating high-performance field data collection into the Esri ArcGIS environment, so you can work smart and with the confidence you need today and tomorrow.
1 Not available with Esri ArcPad workflows.
The components of Trimble Positions software suite:
Trimble Positions Mobile Project Center extension. Configure to define quality and type of data to be collected and deploy to the field for consistent data collection using ArcGIS for Windows Mobile.
Trimble Positions Mobile extension. Data capture complete with GNSS metadata can be intelligently controlled using accuracy-based logging in ArcGIS for Windows Mobile in the field, so only the position geometries that meet accuracy requirements are recorded.
Trimble Positions ArcPad extension. High-accuracy data capture with Esri ArcPad workflows is available for Windows and Windows Mobile workflows.
Trimble Positions Desktop add-in. Correct and verify geometries with a single button press. With pre-defined corrections profiles you can improve and verify field data quality against pre-configured accuracy thresholds before updating the GIS.
Trimble Positions Session Processor. Automate repetitive postprocessing tasks quickly and easily using this desktop application and refine your GNSS positioning.
Trimble Positions toolkit. Developers can quickly build and deploy custom solutions that use Esri ArcGIS for Mobile technology and Trimble GNSS receivers—adding the ability to collect GNSS data for all feature geometries while leveraging the high performance capabilities of Trimble receivers.
Search the Trimble library to access the most relevant information to your query.
Documentation available for viewing and printing.
Latest files available for download.
Trimble Positions Blog
This blog has many useful posts from the Trimble Positions product development team, along with some common questions and answers to them