DPGS Advanced Concepts
In this section you will see how a simple concept can increase the accuracy of GPS to almost unbelievable limits.
And you will see:
- Why we need Differential GPS
- Differential GPS or "DGPS" can yield measurements good to a couple of meters in moving applications and even better in stationary situations.
- How Differential GPS works
- Differential GPS involves the cooperation of two receivers, one that's stationary and another that's roving around making position measurements.
- Where to get Differential Corrections
- Many new GPS receivers are being designed to accept corrections, and some are even equipped with built-in radio receivers.
- Other ways to work with Differential GPS
- Not all DGPS applications are created equal. Some don't need the radio link because they don't need precise positioning immediately.
- Advanced Concepts
- Imagine the possibilities. Automatic construction equipment could translate CAD drawings into finished roads without any manual measurements.