Trimble's Aardvark DR+GPS module combines dead reckoning (DR) with Global Positioning System (GPS) technology on a single, compact board. When GPS signals are limited or not available, such as in urban canyons and tunnels, the Trimble Aardvark DR+GPS module provides reliable and accurate positioning information. It is an ideal solution for system integrators or OEMs who are adding dead reckoning capabilities to vehicle navigation, fleet management and asset tracking systems.
Dead reckoning estimates position based on heading and distance traveled since the last known position. The more accurate the speed, time and heading inputs, the more accurate the dead reckoning. This is where GPS helps. GPS continuously calibrates the gyro and speed sensors to produce optimal dead reckoning.
The 19mm x 19mm surface mount module has an on-board gyro and it collects speed and forward/reverse data from the vehicle's sensors. Its sophisticated DR+GPS algorithm automatically calibrates the gyro and external sensors' inputs and optimally blends this information with GPS measurements to produce accurate position and velocity outputs in hostile GPS environments such as urban canyons.
The Aardvark DR+GPS module is available in two configurations: model number 88788-30 for flat installations; and model number 88788-50 with a unique feature supporting variable mounting installations. The 88788-50 self-determines the module's orientation allowing the ultimate in installation flexibility.
- Designed to provide stable position output when GPS fails
- Available in Starter Kit and Module forms
- Supports NMEA and HIPPO protocol
- Gyro included in module
- Surface mount 19mm x 19mm module
||5 Hz (default), up to 10 Hz
||< 5 m
||< 3 m
||± 25 ns
||< 35 s
||< 38 s
||Flat mount only
||Any orientation mounting, self calibrating
- GPS L1 Frequency C/A Code Receiver
- NMEA Output and Input
- SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS) Capable
- aGPS Capable
- Update Rate up to 10 Hz
- PPS Timing Output
- Gyro included on module
- -50 version includes a 3-axis gyro and can be mounted in any orientation
Starter Kit includes:
- Aardvark DR + GPS module on a carrier board, mounted in a rugged, IP54 plastic enclosure suitable for mounting in a vehicle
- Miniature magnetic mount antenna
- Three additional sample Aardvark DR + GPS modules
- Interface cable
Downloadable software tools and documentation in the support tab including: the Aardvark DR + GPS User Guide, Trimble GPS Studio application and the Trimble GPS Studio Application User Guide.
For technical support, please contact email@example.com