Silviculture & Infrastructure
The management of geographic and attribute data related to
land administration often requires access and consolidation of data from
multiple datasets, with a wide variance in standards and models. In many cases there are often multiple
entities managing different versions of the same data. A common, integrated land information
solution for the entire enterprise is critical in order to address the need for
real-time workflows, compliance management, document control and trusted reporting
associated with Land Records, Real Estate, and Permitting & Leasing.
Land Resource Manager combines the most granular property
characteristics with parcel-level accuracy to not only save time and money, but
also improve efficiencies in the complex processes of planning, and
Tracks all associated land rights,
leases, adjacencies, encumbrances, subdivisions, lots and tax parcels. The data
is integrated with the spatial representation and relationships are created
automatically based on the spatial location of each item. As properties are
split or merged, bought or sold, the system archives all related spatial and
Real Estate Transactions:
Supports activity related to changes in property
ownership via real estate sale, development, exchange, and purchase
events. The Real Estate module accesses
information maintained by the Land Records Module including property assets,
legal land rights, and associated activities.
The Real Estate Module supports the unique business requirements of the
Real Estate lifecycle in an operational forest land base by providing the tools
and workflow support to more easily accomplish tasks.
value through management of the natural resources by optimizing the timberland
portfolio associated with leases, surface and mineral resources, recreation
management and associated permitting.
The solution provides an interactive workflow for both internal users
and external customers and centralizes lease management, encroachment permits, mining
reclamation planning and renewal notification activities in a common spatial
- Centralized land records and parcel management
- Improved visibility of all real estate transactions
- Manages all legal descriptions and tax payments
- Fully integrated Land, Real Estate and Leasing platform
- Mobile inspection monitoring and synchronization to the office
- Email notices or reminders when actions, assessments and payments are due or completed
- Real-time mapping, reporting and query of forest, land and property information
Forestry companies require the need for simulated harvest
scheduling, as the planning and implementation of activities is based on the harvest
plan. Land Resource Manager provides the ability to
automatically schedule harvesting dates and predict
harvest outputs based on stand growth rates and given stand harvest parameters.
Adjustments can be made to this schedule by moving harvest stands or cut areas
in groups from one year to another within a given tactical planning period or
timber sale process.
Land Resource Manager seamlessly links all plans to the field operations, allowing your company to analyze scenarios, determine priorities, establish budgets, efficiently allocate resources, track progress in real-time and deliver all stakeholder reports required in the harvest planning process.
- Scheduling of harvest activities, including detailed volumetric breakdowns and product analysis
- Management of planned and actual costs which can be rolled up at various levels to provide detailed financial analyses
- Compliance and regulatory reporting
- Profitability Analysis
- Stand rotation, with splitting and merging of tabular and spatial data
- Harvest tracking, particularly planned vs actual removals
- Integrated remote field data
Timberland owners and managers must understand the status of the
forest area as it pertains to timber ownership, location, species, size, health/age of trees, tree growth, mortality, removals by harvest, wood production and
utilization rates by various products in order to make informed decisions about
how to manage forests for ecological health and economic productivity. Land Resource Manager provides the tools to
accurately analyze all attributes and spatial actions and allow for
on-the-fly reporting of current inventory per area per product, estimated harvest volumes by year and harvest and revenue by area by year.
- Ability to match planned vs actual volumes
- Track individual tree and tree-segment inventory levels
- Manage current and future volume information
- Report on stand level summary statistics
- Easy export/import to 3rd party growth & yield and compilation models
- Track total cost analysis
The practice of controlling the establishment, growth, composition, health, and quality of forests must be managed in detail to improve growth rates, quality, strength and productivity. Land Resource Manager effectively tracks all historical, planned and actual silvicultural activities, costs and intensive management regimes necessary to meet the diverse needs, values, sustainable management goals and government compliance requirements of our customers.
Roads & Infrastructure:
Forest companies have a responsibility to ensure that roads are built, maintained and deactivated to meet regulatory and safety standards. Land
Resource Manager simplifies the tracking of infrastructure activities including forest road inventory
(bridges, culverts, landings etc.), road events (construction, deactivation,
timber damage, speed zones, maintenance etc.) and road actions such as permits
and strategies. Other infrastructures such as species, fire lines, powerlines, wildfire, streams and trails can also be managed effectively with the spatial location stored
along with the attributes as a base. Activities can then be accurately planned, tracked and mapped throughout the life of the infrastructure.
- Dynamic spatial management and measurement features
- Mobile inspection/survey monitoring and synchronization to the office
- Email notices or reminders when actions and assessments are due or completed
- Real-time mapping, reporting and query
- Compliance and electronic regulatory reporting
- Integration with Engineering and associated internal systems
Ensuring that the right amount and the right kind of wood is getting to your mills for the lowest possible cost is a difficult but crucial part of running a profitable business. A demand-driven approach allows you to base your planned inventories and deliveries on need. You then reduce stockpiles and inventory costs. Whether you need to respond quickly to changing market demands or to know and predict inventory levels at different points in the supply chain, our Woodflow solution can help.
The Woodflow component capitalizes on market supply opportunities by
streamlining the development of operational plans and budgets, and optimally
scheduling contractors and resources based on capabilities and constraints. The
tool allows for the development of efficient harvest schedules and the
management of operational costs all targeted to the improvement of planning,
logistics and operations within the wood supply chain.
- Real-time comparison of actual to planned harvest volumes
- Easy recalibration of plans and schedules
- Accurate tracking of deliveries
- Track past performance to improve planning