LogForce is a proven SaaS service for the forest transportation industry that enables industry collaboration between the forest owner, contractor and receiver to plan and manage delivery of forest energy, chips, and other by-products of the forest industry from the starting depot to the location of use.
Forest companies can focus on managing delivery volumes, woodflow and optimising stock turnover by sending orders to specific transport companies. The LogForce service divides orders into loads, so transport planners can quickly and easily send loads to trucks and manage daily and weekly schedules. Woodflow plans are immediately available to the forest company.
- Federated management planning
- Transport order handling from the forest company
- Transport planning and scheduling
- Stock management
- In truck map functionality (on/off line)
- Load and delivery execution
- Delivery point information (receiving times)
- Messaging functionality
- Rail car management and planning
Distribution management is a complex process within the forest industry. Unlike most other industries the forestry sector often does not incorporate production and inventory monitoring because the visibility and reliability of supply can be a major challenge. Forest companies must be able to manage remote operating environments, rugged conditions and a highly uncertain production process to be cost effective.
Our WSX Logistics solutions and services are well positioned to provide the visibility required to manage the unique timber supply and distribution processes in any forest environment. Production and stocks are reported in real time giving the forest owner the tools to make effective and timely decisions.
- Real time monitoring of harvesting productivity/uplift versus forecast
- Fully featured inventory control function
- Customer deliveries tracked in real time
- Roadside stock management
- Tracking of Chain of Custody, corroboration of Bill of Lading, and prevention of timber theft or
- Real-time reporting to
dispatchers and all stakeholders through the supply chain via a combination of
the desktop dispatch application, the dispatch website and the mobile website
4Loads™ is a mobile ticketing solution that simplifies the creation, access and sharing of harvested timber data for loggers, foresters and haulers. The solution provides forestry workers a simple way to enter and manage load data that eliminates manual tracking, provides instant access to the data online, and reduces time to summarize load financial information.
Harvest operators enter load data on their iOS or Android mobile devices in the field, which automatically synchronizes with the Trimble mobile cloud service for timely access to data via the Trimble Forestry Mobile Website. Forestry stakeholders can log into the mobile site to view data, run reports and customize mobile form menus. 4Loads provides real-time access to harvest load data that historically has been captured via slower manual processes that can take weeks or months to produce data. This real-time insight into remote operations can shorten reconciliation cycles and provide clear load traceability.
- Improve timber security. Follow your timber through the supply chain to the mill.
- Know when, where and what was delivered.
- Determine cash flow from amount of timber removals.
- Ensure proper payments from timber harvesting company.
- Compare actual removals to forecasted removals.
- Real-time feedback on delivered loads.
- Quickly monitor weights of loads delivered.
- Eliminate duplicate data entry improving accuracy and timeliness.
- Eliminate risk of lost tickets; get paid for EVERY LOAD!
- Centrally access all
load tickets and scaled load data.
- Get near real-time load
- Quicker reconciliation of
delivered mill receipts.