The Trimble® WM-Drain® farm drainage solution is a concept to completion toolset that streamlines the survey, analysis, design, installation, and mapping steps of surface and subsurface drainage.
The WM-Drain solution ensure optimal 3D drain placement, which improves crop yields by controlling ponding, optimizing root depth, maximizing planting seasons, and minimizing nutrient loss.
Benefit from Streamlined Drainage
- Complete all your drainage operations with one integrated solution
- Improve crop yields up to 30%
- Increase operating efficiency up to 20% compared to laser equipment
- Maintain a more developed root zone for better nutrient absorption
- Remove excess water from the field and lower plant stress
- Reduce field compaction and minimize soil erosion
- Use with any type of drainage plow—self-propelled, pull-type, chain, or wheel trenchers, ditches, scrapers or any other water management implement
- Choose to apply water only to the best producing areas within a field
Collect 3D field data, such as boundaries and section lines, with ease.
- TMX-2050™ display or FmX® integrated display – popular in-cab displays can be unlocked for the WM-Drain solution at a positioning level of RTK or GLONASS for topographic mapping
- WM-Topo™ survey system – portable solution can be used separately or in conjunction with the TMX-2050 or FmX displays to collect topographic data in hard-to-reach areas such as ditches, steep terrain, muddy fields, or fields with mature crop cover
Analyze the 3D field data using WM-Subsurface software
to make better-informed drainage decisions.
- 3D modeling
- Contour functionality
- Watershed modeling
- Flow arrows
- Tributary tracking
Design and verify a complete 3D drainage system using Surface software or design drainage lines on-the-go without having to leave your vehicle.
- Horizontal pipe location
- Vertical design
- Automatic pipe sizing recommendations
- Verification that water will flow to the main outlet adequately
Take your designs back to the field and utilize the WM-Drain module on the TMX-2050 or FmX display and Trimble's 3D machine control technology for precise installation of your pipe or surface ditches.
- T3™ Enhanced Terrain Compensation Technology to correct the vertical position for roll
- IMD-600 sensor for controlling boot pitch on a parallel link plow
Map the true location of your installed drainage pipes or ditches to utilize the records for future maintenance or drainage expansion projects.
Wireless Data Exchange
With Trimble Ag Software
, you can wirelessly share valuable time-saving data between your farm office, vehicles, and workers out in the field.