Asset Utilisation Overview
Trimble solutions help companies get the most value from their capital investments in vehicles and equipment by increasing productivity of assets and providing visibility into asset use for fleet and maintenance managers. Using vehicles and equipment efficiently helps make companies aware of how often and how long each vehicle or piece of equipment is used. Over time, asset utilisation data can help companies decide whether they need to buy more or retain fewer assets.
- Reduce capital applied to equipment lease/purchase and operating expense
- Optimise the use of vehicles and equipment needed to complete work efficiently
- Automate vehicle maintenance tracking and notification for the entire fleet
- Reduce unnecessary maintenance costs
- Extend vehicle life time
- Maximise capabilities of capital purchases
- Ensure assets are used only for authorised purposes
- Quickly recover stolen assets
With GPS and vehicle management systems now installed in 5,000 vehicles, Cox saves more than 1 million gallons of fuel and at least $2 million in fuel costs each year.
- Mark Leuenberger, director of fleet operations, Cox Enterprises