Carbon Footprint Overview
Trimble solutions help companies achieve environmental sustainability and reduce their carbon footprint through a more efficient workforce. Our solutions help managers track vehicle routes to reduce distance driven, automate vehicle maintenance schedules for better vehicle performance, schedule employees efficiently to use fewer resources and provide fuel and carbon data.
- Improve MPG/KPG by 10-20% by curbing fuel wasting behaviour such as speeding
- Reduce distance driven by 10-30% through route optimisation and improved driving directions
- Measure and calculate actual CO2 emissions
- Reduce fuel through speed regulation, unauthorised vehicle use and improved vehicle maintenance
- Automate vehicle maintenance schedules and notification to ensure optimal running conditions
- Effectively schedule drivers and field technicians to use fewer resources and complete more jobs per day
With GPS and vehicle management systems now installed in 5,000 vehicles, Cox saves more than 1 million gallons of fuel and at least $2 million in fuel costs each year. The fleet management solutions also enable the company to reduce its carbon footprint by cutting over 25 million pounds of CO2.
- Mark Leuenberger, director of fleet operations, Cox Enterprises