Trimble® Access™ Installation Manager
Before you use your controller, you must install the applications, application updates, and license files that you purchased.
The Trimble Access Installation Manager installs the application updates and licenses to your controller. It also updates your Trimble office software so that it can communicate with the updates being installed to the controller.
Typically, you use the Trimble Access Installation Manager (Online), when you have an Internet connection to access the new software updates.
However, you can download a copy of the Trimble Access Installation Manager (Offline), and all Trimble Access application files and licenses for installation to your controller at a later date, when you may not have an Internet connection. You do need an Internet connection to download the required files.
Trimble Access Installation Manager (Online)
- If you have not installed the Trimble Access Installation Manager before, follow the instructions below to install it.
- If you have installed the Installation Manager before, you do not need to reinstall it because it updates itself automatically, if required. To install application updates and licenses to the controller, follow the instructions below in Updating Trimble Access applications and licenses using the Trimble Access Installation Manager (Online).
If you are using a Trimble Tablet, install the Installation Manager directly onto the Tablet. For all other controllers, install the Installation Manager on the office computer that is performing the update.
Note - Before you install the Installation Manager onto a Trimble Tablet controller, you must apply Windows® updates.
Updating Trimble Access applications and licenses using the Trimble Access Installation Manager (Online)
1. Run the Installation Manager.
- Do one of the following:
- For a Trimble Tablet controller: Select Start / All Programs / Trimble Access Installation Manager.
- For all other controllers: Select Start / Programs / Trimble Access Installation Manager on the office computer and then connect the controller to the computer. If your office computer is running the Windows XP operating system, use Microsoft® ActiveSync® technology version 4.5 or later. For Windows Vista®, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems, use the Windows Mobile® Device Center.
When the Installation Manager starts, it connects to the Internet automatically, updates itself if required and then contacts the Trimble hosted server to check the license and application downloads needed to update the software on your controller to the latest version.
2. Select the applications to install and then tap or click Install.
- Do one of the following:
- For the Trimble Tablet controller: The applications and licenses are installed directly onto the controller.
- For all other controllers: The applications and licenses are downloaded to your office computer and then installed.
Once these files are installed, you can start using the Trimble Access software and any specialized applications or services that you purchased.
Trimble Access Installation Manager (Offline)
An Internet connection and the serial number of all controllers to be updated are required to create a local copy of the Trimble Access Installation Manager (Offline). Use the Create Local Trimble Access Version utility to enter the serial numbers of the controllers to be updated, specify the version of Trimble Access required, and produce a ZIP file for download that contains all the files required to update controllers without access to the Internet. For more information, refer to the Help in this utility.