Latest files available for download.
GPS Controller SoftwareThe GPS Controller software is a free program designed to allow you to configure a range of GPS receivers. It runs on Windows 2000/XP desktop computers, devices running Windows CE.NET, Windows Mobile 2003 software for Pocket PCs and Windows Mobile Version 5.0/6.
v4.2.5 - Trimble Recon, Operating System (Pocket PC 2003)(TrimbleReconUpdatePPCV4_2_5WWE.exe - 15100 KB)Version 4.2.5 operating system includes all of the enhancements of versions 4.2.2 and 4.2.3.
- New Features
- USB drivers improved to make USB communications more robust.
- Touch screen improvements to eliminate lock-ups and false touches.
- The addition of a High-Contrast mode enables users to display information in black type on a white screen, greatly improving screen visibility in daylight.
- Improved compatibility between Microsoft Streets & Trips 2005/AutoRoute™ 2005 software and the Trimble Recon handheld.
- The Battery Power Remaining indicator now provides a more accurate representation of the percentage of battery life remaining.
- The battery algorithm has been improved to make Low Battery warnings more accurate.
- Improvements in file names and contacts where foreign characters, including accented characters, can now be properly displayed and saved.
- Features included from v4.2.3
- A specific issue with unreliable connection to the GPS Pathfinder Pocket receiver after the Recon handheld has been suspended and resumed has been addressed.
- Features included from v4.2.2
- Improvements have been made in the reporting of Battery Power Remaining, in particular an issue with incorrect reporting of battery capacity has been resolved.
- An issue where some Recon handhelds would experience screen flickering in certain light conditions has been addressed.
- If you are running the Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 software for Pocket PCs, you are entitled to this upgrade.
- Refer to the Release Notes for details on the new features and how to perform the upgrade.