Nomad G series handhelds
Feature-packed high performance GNSS handhelds for GIS applications
The Trimble® Nomad® 900G series of integrated GNSS handhelds offer all-in-one convenience in a device engineered for superior performance in harsh environments. They offer full compatibility with Trimble Mapping & GIS software and a choice of configurations to match your existing workflow.
The Nomad 900G series handhelds feature a huge 6 GB of Flash storage, 128 MB of RAM, a powerful 806 MHz processor, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® wireless technology connectivity, a SecureDigital (SD) slot for removable cards, and a 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) VGA display.
With a variety of configuration options, including a cellular modem, 5 megapixel digital camera with integrated flash, a laser bar code scanner, and CompactFlash (CF) and USB expansion options, the Nomad 900G series provides a range of all-in-one solutions for field data collection and asset management activities.
Features & Benefits
When reliability matters
Arm your workforce with a handheld built for extremes—Trimble Nomad G series handhelds are the ideal platform for:
- Utilities: Underground asset mapping and inspection, water network modelling, as-built mapping of lines/cable installations, and incident/outage reporting.
- Local government: High-density urban asset mapping, underground asset relocation, municipal asset inventory and inspection.
- Environmental management: Mapping tracks, animal habitats, sampling park management, navigating to remote assets.
- Forestry: Mapping tracks, trails, areas to plant or fell, monitoring tree health, tracking protected wildlife.
The Trimble Nomad 900G series provides an industry standard platform with a number of options. To discuss the opportunities for a solution tailored to your industry using Nomad G series handhelds, contact your local Trimble reseller.
Productivity in harsh conditions
Trimble Nomad 900G series handhelds are equipped with a high yield integrated GNSS receiver designed for productive data collection in difficult GNSS conditions such as under forest canopy or near tall buildings. The Nomad 900G series is ideally suited to applications, such as forestry mapping or natural resource management, where high productivity is essential. Local government or utility workers can inventory assets close to buildings with confidence using the high sensitivity GNSS. Postprocessing with Trimble professional grade office software delivers reliable 1 to 3 meter accuracy and is the best way to control the quality and consistency of data.
Built for extremes
The Trimble Nomad 900G series will surpass expectations for ruggedness and performance in any environment. There is no compromise on ruggedness—no need to carry non-rugged peripherals, or connect to additional equipment via exposed expansion ports. The Nomad 900G series meets the rigorous MIL-STD-810F military standard for drops, vibration, humidity, and extreme temperature. It also comes with an IP68 rating, meaning that it is completely sealed from dust, and can survive submersion in up to 1 meter (3 feet) of water for 4 hours.
Wireless internet connectivity from the field
Download and transmit data over the Internet with a workflow that doesn't rely on the availability of wireless hotspots and eliminates the need to tether to an external modem. Using a Trimble Nomad 900G series handheld with the integrated cellular modem option gives a true one-device solution for collecting, processing, and transmitting data, or for checking and sending email, without the need to physically return to the office. Use the handheld as a data-logger for high accuracy applications by teaming it up with a Trimble GPS Pathfinder® ProXRT receiver. Connect the Nomad 900G series handheld directly to a Trimble VRS™ correction stream using the integrated cellular modem for decimeter accuracy in real time.
Onboard image capture and barcode options
Capturing digital photographs in the field has never been so easy. No need to carry a separate camera—using the optional integrated 5 megapixel camera, images are stored directly on the device and are available straight away to be used by the field software. With 6 GB of onboard storage and a 4 GB SDHC card supplied as standard in supported models with an integrated camera, it is easy to capture a large number of images. Reduce the time spent on manual data entry by using the optional integrated barcode scanner to automate data collection and asset tracking.
Part of the Trimble product family
As part of the Trimble family of GNSS solutions, the Trimble Nomad 900G series is fully compatible with Trimble software solutions for professional GIS data collection and maintenance. Integrate your data collection workflow with a Nomad 900G series handheld. Because it's a Trimble solution, you have a single point of contact for service and support, and you can rest assured that you are equipping your mobile workforce with the quality and reliability that Trimble represents.
- Windows Mobile® version 6.1 operating system in English and configurable via download to Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, or Spanish
- 806 MHz XScale processor
- 128 MB DDR SDRAM
- 6 GB non-volatile Flash storage
- Secure Digital (SD/SDHC) memory card slot (4 GB SDHC card supplied as standard in camera models)
- Integrated Bluetooth 2.011
- Integrated 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi wireless technology
- 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) VGA display, sunlight-readable color touchscreen
- Integrated speaker and microphone
- Numeric style keypad
- Rechargeable battery, user-removable, hot-swappable
- 15 hour battery life with active use (default settings)
- 12-month limited warranty
- Integrated high-sensitivity SiRF Star III GPS/SBAS2 receiver and antenna
- 2 to 5 meter accuracy after real-time differential correction
- 1 to 3 meter accuracy after postprocessing3
- SiRFInstantFixII support
- WAAS/EGNOS support
- Microsoft® Office Mobile
- Transcriber (handwriting recognition)
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery module
- Rugged stylus with spring-loaded tip
- Stylus lanyard
- AC Power supply with International adapter kit
- USB data cable
- User guide
- Hand strap
- Screen protectors (2-pack)
- Getting Started CD with ActiveSync® technology
- Serial boot with RS232 and USB client connectors
- Integrated cellular modem
- Integrated digital camera (color, 5 megapixel resolution)
- Integrated laser 1D bar code scanner
- CompactFlash (CF) (Type II) slot
- USB Host port
- Trimble TerraSync™ software
- Trimble GPS Pathfinder® Office software
- Trimble Positions™ software suite
- Trimble GPScorrect™ extension for Esri ArcPad software
- Trimble GPS Analyst™ extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software
- Trimble Municipal Reporter™ system5
- Trimble Field Inspector software
- Trimble TrimPix™ Pro system
- Custom applications built with Mobile GIS Developer Community software development kits (SDKs)
- 12 V vehicle charging cable
- Vehicle mount
- Serial interface cable
- AA Battery Module
- Nylon carry case
- Spare battery charger
- Extended cap
- USB Boot with USB-client
USB-host, and audio jack
17.6 cm x 10.0 cm x 5.0 cm (6.92 in x 3.92 in x 1.96 in)
558 g (1.23 lb) including rechargeable battery
806 MHz XScale processor
6 GB Internal Flash Storage
Field swappable 5200 mAh Li-Ion rechargeable battery
-30 °C to +60 °C (-22 °F to +140 °F)
-40 °C to +70 °C (-40 °F to +158 °F)
MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.4
Sand and dust:
IP68, MIL-STD-810F, Method 510.3, Procedures I&II
IP68, MIL-STD-810F, Method 512.4, Procedure I
1.22 m (4 ft), MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5, Procedure IV
Vibration resistant, MIL-STD 810F, Method 514.5,
Procedures I &II
15,000 ft at +23 °C (+73 °F), MIL-STD-810F, Method 500.4,
Procedures I, II & III
Bluetooth1 2.0 + EDR, 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi WPA2
Optional integrated cellular modem: GSM GPRS/EDGE2
DE9 (M) RS-232 serial, USB client port
USB host port via optional USB Boot accessory
Dial-up Networking (DUN)-Terminal role only
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)-Source role only
Human Interface Device (HID), Object Push Profile (OPP)
Personal Area Networking (PAN)-Network AccessPoint role only
Serial Port Profile, ActiveSync over Bluetooth
480 x 640 pixel (VGA) 16 bit color TFT with LED backlight
Mono speaker, unidirectional microphone speaker
Record and playback utilities
Touch screen, backlit hardware control keys
Audio system events, warnings, and notifications
Soft Input Panel (SIP) virtual keyboard and handwriting
recognition software, power status LED
12 (L1 code only)
Time to first fix:
50 seconds (typical)
SiRF, NMEA-0183 (NMEA output at 9600 bps)
Accuracy (HRMS) after differential correction6
- FCC, CE/R&TTE, C-Tick, RoHS Compliant, PTCRB, and GCF Compliant
2. SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation System). Includes WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) available in North America only, EGNOS (European Geostationary Navigation Overlay System) available in Europe only, and MSAS available in Japan only.
3. Requires Trimble DeltaPhase™ technology, as supported in Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office software version 4.20 or later, or Trimble Positions Desktop add-in 10.1.0, or Trimble GPS Analyst Extension for Esri ArcGIS Desktop software, version 2.20 or later.
4. Nomad 900GXE only. The 900GXE operates on any GSM network that does not require carrier certification. Consult with your Trimble reseller for more information.
5. Internet access required for Municipal Reporter system workflows.
6. Horizontal Root Mean Squared accuracy. Requires data to be collected using horizontal mounting, minimum of 4 satellites, PDOP mask at 99, SNR mask at 12 dBHz, elevation mask at 5 degrees, and reasonable multipath conditions. Ionospheric conditions, multipath signals or obstruction of the sky by buildings or heavy tree canopy may degrade precision by interfering with signal reception. Accuracy varies with proximity to base station by +1 ppm for postprocessing and real-time.
Specifications subject to change without notice.