Juno 3 series handhelds
Asset management for larger teams
Harness the strength of your distributed team to provide geo-enabled data you can trust. With the Trimble® Juno® 3 series, your mobile workforce is empowered with a fully integrated, GPS-based data collection system for everyday field work. If your organization is managing critical assets, responding to emergencies or keeping an enterprise GIS current, you can increase efficiency—both in the field and in the office with dedicated asset management workflows and Juno 3 series handhelds.
Delivered in a compact package resistant to dust, water, and shock, the Juno 3 provides a complete, integrated package of positioning, imaging and communications for total flexibility day after day.
Choose either the Juno 3B or 3D model to suit your needs:
|Product Models||Juno 3B||Juno 3D|
|Cellular voice & data||No||Yes|
|Integrated camera||5 MP||5 MP with Flash|
Download... Juno 3 series webinar
Features & Benefits
The key to maximizing the productivity of your entire workforce everyday
The Trimble Juno 3 series is a compact integrated solution for your field workers, that will keep them connected and in touch.
As part of the Trimble family of GPS solutions, Juno 3 series handhelds are fully compatible with Trimble's entire range of Mapping & GIS software, giving you a choice of GIS data collection and maintenance software solutions at a range of price points.
You can easily deploy Juno 3 series handhelds alongside your current Trimble equipment and maintain the same workflows and policies.
The Trimble Juno 3 series is the ideal platform for:
- Utilities: Asset management, rapid response.
- Local government: Asset management, issue reporting, emergency management.
- Environmental management: Data collection.
To discuss the benefits of using Trimble Juno 3 series handhelds, contact your local Trimble reseller.
Rugged IP54 rating for tough outdoor conditions
Feature packed, fully integrated, affordable
3.75G cellular data and voice capability
High-sensitivity GPS receiver
5 megapixel autofocus camera with flash
Long life battery for all-day use
Lightweight and compact
All in one mobile solution
Combining the benefits of a GPS device, camera, PDA, and cellphone, this pocket-sized device provides work teams with a range of tools in a single compact package, so there are fewer batteries to charge and fewer devices to manage.
With a camera at the ready, your teams can document exactly what they see in the field. The Trimble Juno 3 combines photos with GPS so photos can be instantly geotagged for future reference. In addition, field to office collaboration is dramatically improved because photos can be sent from the field for review back in the office.
For standard positioning applications such as navigation, the high-sensitivity receiver delivers optimal yield so you can get a position fast in the harshest conditions. 2 to 5 meter positional accuracy is always available in real time in regions with SBAS coverage. In addition, accuracy can be further improved to 1 to 3 meters through simple postprocessing routines to meet company or regulatory standards.
Designed for GIS workflows and distributed teams
In GIS environments, data integrity and standardization is critical to maintain total workflow efficiency. Professional, geo-enabled data collection requires dedicated field software. The Trimble Juno 3 series is optimized for Trimble TerraSync™ software, Trimble Positions™ Mobile extension, and other industry-standard field software, so you can be confident that the data you receive back in the office is exactly what you need for streamlined integration into your enterprise GIS and fast updates.
|Juno 3B||Juno 3D|
|Cellular voice & data||No||Yes|
|Integrated camera||5 MP||5 MP with Flash|
- Integrated data and voice capable 3.75G cellular with SMS capability
(Juno 3D only)
- 5 megapixel digital camera with geotagging, Juno 3D handheld has added LED Flash
- Bluetooth® v2.0 wireless technology
- 802.11b/g + WAPI wireless LAN
- 3.5 inch QVGA sunlight-readable color touch screen
- Long-life, rechargeable, and removable Li-Ion battery
- 800 MHz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 2 GB flash memory
- 1 microSD (microSDHC compatible) memory card slot
- Integrated speaker and microphone
- Windows® Embedded Handheld 6.5 Professional in Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, or Spanish
- High-sensitivity GPS/SBAS1 receiver and antenna
- Adobe Reader
- Microsoft® Office Mobile®, includes Excel Mobile, Word Mobile, Internet Explorer Mobile, Outlook Mobile, and PowerPoint Mobile
- USB data cable
- Stylus with lanyard
- Wrist lanyard
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- International AC power supply
- Trimble TerraSync™ software
- Trimble GPS Pathfinder® Office software
- Trimble Positions™ software suite
- Trimble GPScorrect™ extension for Esri ArcPad software
- Trimble GPS Analyst™ extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software
- Trimble GPS Controller software
- Trimble TrimPix™ Pro system
- Trimble Municipal Reporter™ system2
- Custom applications built with Mobile GIS Developer Community software development kits (SDKs)
- Vehicle power adapter
- External GPS patch antenna
- External battery charger
- Carry case with belt clip
- Clear screen protectors (2-pack)
- Anti-glare screen protectors (2-pack)
- Trimble LaserAce™ 1000 rangefinder
- Range pole bracket
- Replacement Li-Ion battery
- Replacement Stylus (2-pack)
- Replacement AC Power supply
138 mm x 79 mm x 31 mm (5.43 in x 3.11 in x 1.22 in)
0.31 kg (0.69 lb) with battery
800 MHz Samsung processor
256 MB RAM and 2 GB built-in storage
3060 mAh lithium-ion, rechargeable in unit
Low (no GPS, backlight on4)
Normal (with GPS and backlight on)
-20 °C to +60 °C (-4 °F to 140 °F)
-40 °C to +70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F)
95% RH, non-condensing
1.2 m (4 ft) drop plywood over concrete
2 drops per 6 sides at ambient temperature 23 °C (73 °F)
100 cycles (200 drops) x 50 cm (1.64 ft), 10 cycles/minute
microSD Card slot (microSDHC compatible)
8.9 cm (3.5 in) QVGA (240 x 320 pixel)
resistive, sunlight readable, LED backlight
Built-in microphone and speaker, record and playback utilities
USB client v2.0 compliant
Bluetooth 2.05 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
rated HSPA+ 3.75G cellular (data and voice, Juno 3D only)6
5 megapixel color camera with autofocus
JPEG photo format, WMV video format, flash (Juno 3D only)
12 (L1 code only)
Time to first fix
30 seconds (typical)
Accuracy (HRMS)7 after differential correction
1. SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation System). Includes WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) available in North America only, EGNOS (European Geostationary Navigation Overlay System) available in Europe only, and MSAS available in Japan only.
2. Internet access required for Municipal Reporter system workflows.
3. Using wireless technology, such as Bluetooth or wireless LAN will consume additional battery power.
4. Backlight setting at 70% brightness.
5. Bluetooth and wireless LAN type approvals are country specific. Trimble Juno series handhelds have Bluetooth and wireless LAN approval in the USA and EU. For other countries please consult your local Reseller.
6. Tri-Band UMTS/HSDPA; Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE. The Juno 3D handheld is PTCRB certified and can operate on any of these networks that do not require carrier certification. For examples T-Mobile and Virgin Wireless networks in USA, and Vodafone networks in Europe. The Juno 3D handheld does have AT&T certification, for use on the AT&T network in the USA, or the Rogers network in Canada. Consult with your local reseller for more information.
7. Horizontal Root Mean Squared accuracy. Requires data to be collected using vertical mounting, minimum of 4 satellites, PDOP mask at 99, SNR mask at 12 dBHz, elevation mask at 5 degrees, and reasonable multipath conditions. Ionospheric conditions, multipath signals or obstruction of the sky by buildings or heavy tree canopy may degrade precision by interfering with signal reception. Accuracy varies with proximity to base station by +1 ppm for postprocessing.
8. Requires Trimble DeltaPhase™ technology, as supported in the Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office software version 4.20 or later, or the Trimble GPS Analyst extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software version 2.20 or later.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
The following Trimble Juno series handheld product variants are also available—find full product and specification information here: