Trimble GPS Analyst Extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop Software
Streamlined GNSS data processing inside Esri ArcGIS
Take a giant leap forward in productivity and improve your data quality with Trimble® GPS Analyst™ extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software. Trimble GPS Analyst extension optimizes your field-to-office workflow by allowing you to work directly with GNSS data inside your personal geodatabase. And because the extension comes with a package of powerful GNSS postprocessing tools, incorporating Trimble DeltaPhase™ differential correction technology, you can be sure you have GNSS data that is consistent, reliable, and accurate.
Features & Benefits
Let Trimble GPS Analyst extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop improve your data accuracy and your field-to-office workflow by making GNSS data an integral part of your GIS. A customizable extension that allows you to work directly with GNSS data directly inside the Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software, Trimble GPS Analyst extension is the ideal platform for industries from utilities to resource management to government organizations and more.
Trimble GPS Analyst extension is perfect for Esri ArcGIS software customers that:
- Use Esri ArcPad and Trimble GPScorrect™ extension for Esri ArcPad software or Trimble TerraSync™ software as their field application
- Use notebook or tablet applications in the field
- Develop custom office or field applications
To discuss how Trimble GPS Analyst extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software can streamline your GPS data processing contact your local Trimble reseller.
Differentially correct to improve GNSS accuracy
Trimble GPS Analyst extension allows you to differentially correct your GNSS data directly inside Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software. Depending on the environment and your GNSS receiver, postprocessing gives significant improvements on your autonomous accuracy all the way down to decimeter (10 cm / 4 inch) level. Trimble GPS Analyst extension supports the complete Trimble Mapping and GIS GNSS receiver portfolio and most handheld computers, as well as associated positioning technologies such as Trimble H-Star™.
Store detailed information about the quality of your GNSS data
You use your GIS every day to make critical decisions, so you need to know that you can trust your data. Trimble GPS Analyst extension allows you to specify the GNSS accuracy required for each feature class. Once you have processed your GNSS data, the extension quickly checks that feature positional accuracy matches your criteria, and helps you to fix or flag any exceptions. Plus, the extension stores detailed information about the source and quality of each and every GNSS position in the geodatabase, and provides powerful tools for querying and analyzing this information.
Maximize your productivity
Say goodbye to unnecessary file conversions—with Trimble GPS Analyst extension you can effortlessly bring GNSS data straight from the field into the geodatabase. The extension offers a seamless workflow for Esri ArcPad software with Trimble GPScorrect™ extension for Esri ArcPad software. Check data out; use, verify, and update the data in the field using Esri ArcPad and Trimble GPScorrect extension; and then check updated data back in. There are no extra steps or complicated procedures to follow. You can even work directly with data from Trimble TerraSync™ software for an alternative data collection and maintenance solution. Now, all your GNSS processing needs are met within Esri ArcGIS for Desktop. It's the GIS environment you know—so expect to become more productive immediately, and with only minimal training.
Extend and customize with ArcObjects
As an open extension to ArcObjects, Trimble GPS Analyst extension can easily be extended and adapted to match your data processing needs. If you have your own field solution, write a plug-in that takes advantage of Trimble GPS Analyst extension's versatile data processing tools.
FEATURES AND OPTIONS
Work within the GIS
- Manage, view, and edit GNSS data inside Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software
- Improve productivity by eliminating extra file conversions and processing steps outside the GIS
- Quickly and easily validate position accuracy against requirements set in the feature class
- Improve GNSS position accuracy with differential correction of data from supported Trimble GNSS receivers, including GLONASS postprocessing
- Store complete QA/QC information for GNSS data
- Extend and tailor core GPS Analyst extension functionality
- Develop plug-ins to support other GNSS receivers
- Customize tools and forms to suit your requirements
GPS Analyst extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software version 2.40 requires ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced or ArcGIS for Desktop Standard version 10 to be installed.
System requirements are determined by the Esri ArcGIS for Desktop product version and platform configuration you are using. Please refer to the applicable Esri ArcGIS for Desktop specifications at www.esri.com/arcgis. In addition, GPS Analyst extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop requires:
Free disk space
RS-232 serial port and/or USB port
Field software options
- Trimble TerraSync software
- Esri ArcPad software with Trimble GPScorrect extension
- Applications developed using Trimble GPS Pathfinder® Field Toolkit
Only data collected with supported Trimble receivers can be differentially corrected with GPS Analyst extension.
GNSS RECEIVERS AND ACCURACY SPECIFICATIONS
Typical autonomous accuracy for all Trimble Mapping & GIS GNSS receivers is approximately 10 meters. Differentially corrected accuracy specifications for supported receivers range from 1 cm to 2 -5 m. Refer to the Mapping & GIS product comparison or to the relevant datasheet for full details.
SUPPORTED DATA FORMATS
Data storage format
- Esri ArcGIS personal geodatabase (Microsoft® Access MDB only)
Check out/check in formats
- Esri Shapefiles from ArcPad with Trimble SSF files from GPScorrect extension1
- Esri AXF files from ArcPad with Trimble SSF files from GPScorrect extension2
- Esri Shapefiles from ArcPad with Trimble SSF files from GPScorrect extension
- Trimble SSF files
- Trimble SSF files
SUPPORTED BASE FILE AND COMPRESSION FORMATS
Base file formats
- Hatanaka (Compressed RINEX)
- Trimble DAT format
- Trimble SSF format
- GZip (.gz)
- Self-extracting executable (.exe)
- Zip (.zip)