GeoExplorer 5 Series
All you need for efficient data collection
With the essential functionality inside, trust the Trimble® Geo 5T handheld and Trimble software to deliver the efficient GIS data collection solution you can trust.
Start each day with a reliable field handheld that can handle just about everything. Capture submeter data easily with simple software workflows and optional VRS corrections—perfect for data collection inventory projects.
Features & Benefits
Increase operational efficiency with just what you need to get the job done
The Trimble Geo 5T handheld is the efficient integrated solution for your field workers.
As part of the Trimble family of GPS solutions, Geo 5T handhelds are compatible with Trimble Mapping & GIS software, giving you a choice of GIS data collection and maintenance software solutions at a range of price points.
You can easily deploy the Geo 5T alongside your current Trimble equipment and maintain the same workflows and policies.
The Trimble Geo 5T is the ideal platform for:
- Utilities: Leak/outage detection and repair, relocating underground infrastructure, as-built mapping and open trenching, infrastructure inspection and maintenance management.
- Local government: Road and road asset management, public works installations, city-wide GIS data collection projects, scheduled asset inspections for compliance and metering, parks and urban forest maintenance and management.
- Environmental management: Water and waterway management, forest and park service management, fisheries management, geophysical management, general environmental management
To discuss the benefits of using Trimble Geo 5T handhelds, contact your local Trimble reseller.
Work seamlessly with Trimble software and GIS workflows
Efficient GNSS data collection and inventory
Capture high quality photographs and link directly to features
High-speed Internet connectivity in the field
You can stay focused with all the tools you need like camera, modem, and GLONASS on board—the Geo 5T gives you just what you need to efficiently complete the job at hand.
Document exactly what you see in the field and instantly send for review back in the office, saving on travel time and improving field to office collaboration.
Better data, faster
Rugged, easy-to-use, and designed for submeter data collection and maintenance the Geo 5T is compatible with Trimble's professional data collection software Trimble TerraSync™, GPS Pathfinder® Office, and Trimble Positions™ software. Use software workflows you can rely on to easily update your GIS. You don't need to be a GIS expert to capture quality data.
Business decisions are as good as the information they are based on. With software tailored to data collection and maintenance you'll be rewarded with professional-quality data and process improvements in your geospatial fieldwork.
Increase operational efficiency with the Trimble Geo 5T handheld—just what you need to get the job done.
GPS, GLONASS (option), WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS
Time to first fix
45 s (typical)
Real-time and postprocessed H-Star™ (Horizontal RMS)
typically < 1m
Real-time DGNSS (HRMS)
Carrier (after 45 minutes)
1 cm + 2.0 ppm
Postprocessed DGNSS (HRMS)
-20 °C to +60 °C (-4 °F to +140 °F)
-25 °C to +70 °C (-13 °F to +158 °F)
1.2 m (4 ft) plywood over concrete
MIL-STD 810, Method 514.5
ALTITUDE & HUMIDITY RATINGS
SIZE AND WEIGHT
190mm (7.5 in)
90 mm (3.5 in)
43 mm (1.7 in)
Weight (with battery)
0.64 kg (1.41 lb)
Rechargeable, removable Li-Ion
3.6 V 6.6 AH
3 hours (typical)
> 8 hours (GNSS on)
CONNECTORS & INPUTS
- Internal microphone and speaker
- Docking station connector
- SIM socket
- DE-9 serial via docking station or optional USB to serial cable
- SDHC/SDIO card socket
Autofocus 3 MP
Still image format
Up to VGA resolution
Video file format
WMV with audio
CELLULAR4 & WIRELESS5
GPRS/EDGE class 12, 2.5G
Version 2.1 + EDR
Color TFT, LED-backlit
Windows Mobile® 6.5 Embedded Handheld
Marvell® PXA 320
SD/SDHC up to 32 GB
- English (US), Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese (Portuguese), Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Japanese, Russian
IN THE BOX
- Trimble Geo 5T handheld
- Rechargeable battery pack
- Docking station
- USB data cable
- AC Power adaptor
- Trimble Tempest™ external GNSS antenna
- Vehicle power supply
- 5 m external antenna cable
- Range pole kit for external antenna
- Backpack kit for external antenna
- Vehicle mount
- Hard carry case
- Serial adapter cable
- Trimble TerraSync software
- Trimble GPS Pathfinder® Office software
- Trimble Positions™ software suite
- Trimble GPS Controller software
- Trimble GNSS Connector software
- Custom applications built with a Mobile GIS Developer Community software development kit (SDK)
- Third party NMEA-based applications
1. Accuracy and reliability may be subject to anomalies due to multipath, obstructions, satellite geometry, and atmospheric conditions. Always follow recommended GNSS data collection practices. Carrier postprocessed accuracy is limited to data collected within 10 km of the base station used for corrections.
2. SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation System). Includes WAAS; available in North America only, EGNOS; available in Europe only and MSAS; available in Japan only.
3. Actual run time will vary with conditions and environment of use.
4. The Trimble Geo 5T handheld is PTCRB certified and can operate on supported networks that do not require carrier certification. Consult with your local reseller for more information.
5. Bluetooth type approvals are country specific. Trimble Geo 5T handhelds have Bluetooth approval in the U.S. and in most European countries. For further information please consult your local reseller.
Trimble GeoExplorer 5 series handhelds are available in most regions but will not be available initially in China. For further information contact your local Trimble reseller.
Specifications subject to change without notice.