Make Accuracy Personal
The Trimble® R1 is a rugged, compact, lightweight GNSS receiver that provides professional-grade positioning information to any connected mobile device using Bluetooth® connectivity.
Purpose-built for mapping and GIS professionals in a variety of organizations, including environmental agencies, government departments, and utility companies, the standalone Trimble R1 receiver enables you to collect higher-accuracy location data with the device you already use—whether it is a modern smart device, such as a mobile phone or tablet, or a traditional integrated data collection handheld or tablet.
Flexible and practical, accurate and rugged—the innovative Trimble R1 GNSS receiver delivers professional-level positions to everyone.
Improved GNSS positioning—on any device
No matter what smart device you choose—from iOS to Android—for collecting GIS data, inspecting, or managing assets, with the Trimble® R1 receiver you can achieve a greater level of reliable spatial accuracy than your current smart phone or tablet is able to provide on its own.
Professional data collection in more places
- Compatible with a variety of devices to ensure your current technology investments are maximized
- Upgrade to the latest smart devices whenever needed
- Able to be shared among multiple devices
Capable of supporting multiple satellite constellations, including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou, the Trimble R1 provides a truly global solution.
Support your daily GIS workflows
- Delivers GNSS positions in real-time without the need for postprocessing
- Correction sources such as SBAS, VRS, or RTX networks provide reliable GNSS information worldwide
- Use with the optional Trimble ViewPoint™ RTX™ service* and achieve submeter accuracy via IP with cellular connectivity, or over satellite L-band
The Trimble R1 integrates with the flexible and robust workflows of Trimble Mapping & GIS software—including TerraFlex™, Trimble TerraSync™, and Trimble Positions™ software— or third-party applications.
Built to work the way you do
*RTX available through Trimble applications
- Rugged, lightweight, and compact, the Trimble R1 can go wherever you go.
- Weighs just 187 g and measures 11.2 cm x 6.8 cm x 2.7 cm
- Cable-free operation with Bluetooth® connectivity
- Can be pole-mounted, carried in a vest pocket, or attached to a belt using the optional belt pouch for ease of use
- All-day battery life gives you a full day in the field
- Built to last with certified MIL-STD-810 ruggedness with IP65 rating
R1 GNSS Receiver Technical Support
Search the Trimble library to access the most relevant information to your query.
R1 GNSS Receiver Downloads
Latest files available for download
R1 GNSS Receiver Documentation
Documentation available for viewing and printing
R1 GNSS Receiver Support Notes
Support Notes detailing latest support issues.
R1 GNSS Receiver Compliance Information
The latest compliance information for the R1.