Rapid Response Mapping
Natural disasters and security emergencies require immediate response to save lives and property, survey damage, identify access routes, and generally to provide situational awareness. To support their efforts, first responders and military operations support teams demand airborne mapping systems that can provide decision-ready orthoimages within hours of an event. To coordinate tactical missions and relief efforts, the rapid delivery and positional accuracy of these aerial images is critical.
Trimble DSS RapidOrtho was designed from first principles to deliver precise, rapid orthophotos and full situational awareness in hours, not days. Using direct georeferencing, the system's streamlined workflow delivers rapid, highly-accurate orthorectified imagery without the need for time-consuming ground survey in what are often hazardous environments.
Trimble DSS RapidOrtho is a complete, ready-to-use digital aerial imaging solution for emergency responders and military operations. It includes the fusion of one or more medium-format cameras, a flight management system, a GNSS-Aided Inertial Direct Georeferencing system and a full suite of processing software. Rugged and lightweight for use in the most adverse conditions, Trimble DSS is purpose-built for the airborne environment.
Rapid Response Applications
Emergency Rapid Response and Disaster Management
- Gathering baseline data, identifying potential hazardous sites, monitoring high risk areas, and assessing the availability of facilities and equipment necessary to assist in emergency response activities.
- Immediate post-event applications: image acquisition for damage assessment, search and rescue, reconnaissance, critical infrastructure mapping.
- 1-2 weeks post event: acquire imagery for more fully developed data designed for recovery, infrastructure assessment, rebuild planning, etc.
- Longer term: complete data for insurance references, studies of the event, evaluation of recovery efforts and overall disaster management, catalog and archive for future access.
Battlefield Awareness and Operations
- Threat assessment and preparedness
- Mission planning and operations preparation
- Damage assessment
- Personnel and equipment movement monitoring
Homeland Security Digital Imaging
- Border monitoring
- Change detection
Trimble DSS 439 RapidOrtho
Trimble DSS 439 combined with RapidOrtho workflow generates directly georeferenced orthophoto map products immediately upon landing. USGS certified.