GeoExplorer 2003 Series & GeoExplorer CE Series Downloads
v1.05A GeoExplorer Series, GPS Firmware - August 2007(GeoExplorer 2003 and CE series v1.05A Firmware.exe - 1344 KB)Download this executable to upgrade your GeoExplorer 2003 series or GeoExplorer CE series handheld to GPS firmware version 1.05A.
Note: The version 1.05A GPS firmware is for use with the GeoXM and GeoXT handhelds running the Windows CE 3.0, CE .NET and Pocket PC 2003 operating systems.
- The new WAAS satellites (PRN 135 and 138) are included in the default tracking list of receivers running the version 1.05A GPS firmware. This allows these WAAS satellites to be tracked when using the Auto tracking mode in Trimble field software.
- Resolves the issues seen with receivers recently upgraded to the version 1.26 GPS firmware where some receivers would fail to connect, and GPS settings were not retained after the receiver is shutdown.
Note: Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista does not support connecting to GeoExplorer handhelds with the Windows CE 3.0 operating system. GeoExplorer handhelds with the Windows CE .NET operating system can be used with Windows Mobile Device Center, however they may not report as being connected in the Windows Mobile Device Center software.
- Trimble recommends installing the version 1.05A GPS firmware onto all GeoExplorer 2003 series and CE series handhelds, including those handhelds that were recently upgraded to version 1.26 GPS firmware.
- To install version 1.05A download the executable and run it on your desktop PC with your GeoExplorer handheld in a powered support module and connected to ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center.
Note: The version 1.05A GPS firmware reports as v1.05 in Trimble field software. To check that the version 1.05A GPS firmware has been installed correctly, go to “Start \ Settings \ System \ System Information” or to “Start \ Settings \ System \ System Report“. The version 1.05A GPS firmware reports as “v1.05, 15 Aug 2007”
v2.00.02 GeoExplorer CE Operating System and v1.04 GPS Firmware (English)(GeoExplorer_CE_20002_Operating_System.exe - 20288 KB)GeoExplorer CE Operating System revision 2.00.02 and version 1.04 GPS Firmware installation.
- Entitlement for 2.00.02
- If you purchased your GeoExplorer CE series handheld after July 10th 2003 you are entitled to upgrade to this operating system. Refer to the Release Notes for detailed upgrade instructions.
- If you had a current Operating System Enhancement Extension on, or after October 8th 2003 you are entitled to the upgrade. Refer to the Release Notes for detailed upgrade instructions.
- If you did not have a current Operating System Enhancement Extension on October 8th 2003 and you wish to upgrade to this operating system, contact your Local Trimble Representative.
- You cannot downgrade a Windows Mobile operating system to this revision. If you attempt this your handheld will become unusable.
- If you currently have the 1.04 or 1.06 operating system revision, you must install the 1.10 operating system before installing revision 2.00.
- The 2.00 operating System revision is based on Microsoft Windows CE .NET 4.2, which, in addition to containing support for the Bluetooth wireless technology in GeoExplorer CE series handhelds with TFT displays, provides software for all users that will increase field productivity.
- Bluetooth type approvals are country specific. For a list of countries with Bluetooth approval please refer to www.trimble.com/geo_bluetooth.html.
- GeoExplorer CE series handhelds with PN 49050-xx contain the Infineon Bluetooth module ROK 104001.
- During installation, the version 1.04 GPS Firmware and the latest RPM embedded software will be automatically applied if required to GeoExplorer CE handhelds.
- Read the Release Notes for details on how to perform the installation and new features in the 2.00 Operating System and the version 1.04 GPS Firmware.
Activate Bluetooth(GeoExplorerSeries-ActivateBluetooth.exe - 84 KB)GeoExplorer series - Activate Bluetooth.
- Download this executable to activate the Bluetooth wireless technology in GeoExplorer series handhelds with the 2.00 or 3.00 operating system revision already installed.
- Bluetooth type approvals are country specific. For a list of countries with Bluetooth type approval please refer to www.trimble.com/geo_bluetooth.html.
- GeoExplorer series handhelds with PN 49050-xx and PN 50950-xx contain the Infineon Bluetooth module ROK 104001.
- To activate Bluetooth you need to be in an approved country, and you require the Installation Serial Number from registering your GeoExplorer series handheld at www.trimble.com/register.
Deactivate Bluetooth(GeoExplorerSeries-DeactivateBluetooth.exe - 82 KB)GeoExplorer series - Deactivate Bluetooth.
- Download this executable to deactivate the Bluetooth wireless technology in GeoExplorer series handhelds.
- To re-activate Bluetooth again, download the GeoExplorer series - Activate Bluetooth.exe and use the Installation Serial Number from registering your GeoExplorer series handheld at www.trimble.com/register.
Bluetooth DUN Patch(BT_DUN.zip - 79 KB)To use a Bluetooth modem (e.g. a mobile phone) with TerraSync on a GeoExplorer to make a direct connection to a Virtual Reference Station (VRS), you will need to install this patch. This will allow you to enable the Bluetooth dial up connection in the GeoExplorer. For detailed instructions read the Support Note GeoExplorer Series: Using a Bluetooth modem in TerraSync".
TFT Bias Test(TFTBias.exe - 116 KB)GeoExplorer series devices with a TFT screen may appear to flicker in certain lighting conditions. This application allows you to adjust the AC bias of the TFT display screen on a GeoExplorer series handheld to remove the affects of the screen ficker. Instructions on how to install and use the application are described in the Support Note GeoExplorer Series: Adjusting the Screen Flicker on TFT Displays.
v1.10.02 GeoExplorer CE Operating System and v1.04 GPS Firmware (English)(GeoExplorer_CE_1.10.02_Operating_System_and_1.04_GPS.exe - 13953 KB)GeoExplorer CE Operating System revision 1.10.02 and version 1.04 GPS Firmware installation.
- The revision 1.10.02 operating system includes all of the features of the revision 1.10.00 and revision 1.10.01 operating systems including:
- Locale support for the following languages: Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Danish, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Thai, Portuguese and Russian.
- Locale support provides localized display settings and the fonts required to correctly display the supported language, it does not provide a translation of the operating system.
- Support for the TFT colour display and 64MB of RAM available in the latest GeoExplorer CE series handhelds.
- The revision 1.10.02 operating system can be used by customers who have purchased a GeoExplorer CE handheld with the revision 2.00 (Windows CE .NET) operating system installed, but who require a Windows CE 3.0 operating system to run important applications.
- Entitlement for 1.10.02
- If you are running version 1.10 or earlier of the GeoExplorer CE Operating System you can install the 1.10.02 revision at no charge.
- If you purchased a GeoExplorer CE series handheld with the 2.00 (Windows CE .NET) operating system installed you need to purchase a GeoExplorer CE series CE .NET to CE3 operating system downgrade kit to be entitled to install the 1.10.02 operating system revision.
- If you purchased your GeoExplorer CE series handheld with the revision 2.00 (Windows CE .NET) operating system and wish to install this operating system, contact your Local Trimble Representative.
- The version 1.04 GPS Firmware and the latest RPM embedded software will be automatically applied to all GeoExplorer CE handhelds, if required, during installation.
- Read the Release Notes for details on how to perform the installation and new features in the operating system and the version 1.04 GPS Firmware.
To check which Operating System revision and GPS Firmware version is installed on your GeoExplorer CE handheld. Tap Start \ Settings \ Control Panel \ System \ General and check the OS Rev: and GPS Firmware: fields.