GeoExplorer 2005 Series Downloads
v5.1.16 - GeoExplorer 2005 Series Operating System (English)(GeoExplorer_5.1.15_to_5.1.16_English.CAB - 557 KB)New Features
- Improved system reliability by resolving the occasional “won’t turn on” issue where the handheld would not resume after being suspended and required a 60 second reset.
- The Bluetooth radio’s on/off state is retained over suspend/resume.
- If you are running an earlier version of the Microsoft Windows Mobile Version 5.0 operating system, the upgrade is free of charge.
- For full details and instructions on installing the operating system see the Release Notes.
v1.82 - GeoExplorer 2005 series, GPS Firmware(GeoExplorer_2005_series_v1.82_GPS_Firmware.exe - 1320 KB)Download this executable to upgrade your GeoExplorer 2005 series handheld to GPS firmware version 1.82.
The version 1.82 GPS firmware incorporates the following changes that were made in the version 1.81 firmware:
- Changes were made to the storage of L2 measurements to improve H-Star postprocessing performance when using an external Zephyr L1/L2 antenna. This change only affects the GeoXH handhelds.
- The version 1.82 GPS firmware addresses an issue with the handling of SBAS (WAAS) corrections which occasionally caused large position jumps near latitudes of 45 degrees North. This issue may have been noticed to a much lesser extent when using SBAS corrections at other 15 degree latitude intervals. This change resolves the problem for all locations and with any SBAS correction source.
- Updated SBAS (WAAS and EGNOS) ephemeris information and tracking to improve initial fix and reacquisition times.
- The new WAAS satellites (PRNs 135 and 138) are included in the GPS receiver’s default tracking list. This allows the satellites to be tracked when using the “Auto” tracking mode in Trimble field software.
- Other minor changes to improve system performance and the handling of situations which could cause the GPS receiver to reset.
- For full details and instructions on installing the version 1.82 GPS firmware see the Release Notes.
- If you are planning to use the custom settings to select a specific SBAS satellite you will need to install the latest SBAS.INI file if you have not already.
v22.214.171.124 - GPS Pathfinder Pro series/GeoExplorer 2005 & 2008 series/GeoBeacon receiver - Radio Activation Manager(Radio Activation Manager.msi - 403 KB)The GPS Pathfinder Pro series and GeoBeacon receivers are shipped with Bluetooth wireless technology activated. The GeoExplorer 2005, 2008, 3000 and 6000 series is shipped with Bluetooth and WLAN technology activated. Download this desktop application to deactivate or reactivate the wireless radio in your device. Bluetooth and WLAN type approvals are country specific.
This application replaces the Bluetooth Activation Manager previously used for the GPS Pathfinder Pro series and GeoBeacon receiver.
You may need to deselect or disable serial COM port checking in the Microsoft ActiveSync application, or in other applications, to successfully connect to the GPS Pathfinder Pro series, GeoExplorer 2005, 2008, 3000 & 6000 series or GeoBeacon receiver with the Radio Activation Manager application.
This application does not support GeoExplorer versions prior to the GeoExplorer 2005 series.
GeoExplorer 2005 Series - SD Card Fix(SDCardPatch.CAB - KB)The SD Card Fix resolves intermittent problems reading and writing to the SD card with the version 5.1.13 operating system. This patch is included in later versions of the GeoExplorer 2005 series operating system. Read the Support Note "GeoExplorer 2005 Series Handheld: SD Card Fix" for further details and instructions on how to install the patch for the version 5.1.13 operating system.
GeoExplorer 2005 Series/Juno ST - High-Contrast theme(High-Contrast.tsk - 12 KB)This theme can be downloaded to your GeoExplorer 2005 series/Juno ST handheld Windows directory and used in the Settings/Today application to enhance contrast. Read the Support Note "GeoExplorer 2005 Series Handheld and Juno ST Handheld: High Contrast Theme" for full details on how to download and apply this theme.