Delivered in a compact package resistant to dust, water, and shock, the Trimble Juno provides a complete, integrated package of positioning, imaging and communications for total flexibility day after day. Combining the benefits of a GPS device, camera, PDA, and cellphone, this pocket-sized device provides work teams with a range of tools in a single compact package, so there are fewer batteries to charge and fewer devices to manage.
The Trimble® Juno® 3 empowers your mobile foresters with a fully integrated, GPS-based data collection system for everyday forestry work. If your organization is managing critical assets, responding to fire emergencies or keeping an enterprise GIS current, you can increase efficiency with a handheld that is delivered in a compact package resistant to dust, water, and shock.
Combining the benefits of a GPS device, camera, PDA, and cellphone, this pocket-sized device provides forest workers with a range of tools in a single compact package, so there are fewer batteries to charge and fewer devices to manage.
With a camera at the ready, your teams can document exactly what they see in the woods. The Trimble Juno 3 combines photos with GPS so photos can be instantly geotagged for future reference. In addition, forest to office collaboration is dramatically improved because photos can be sent from the forest for review back in the office.
For standard positioning applications such as navigation, the high-sensitivity receiver delivers optimal yield so you can get a position fast under heavy tree canopy. 2 to 5 meter positional accuracy is always available in real time in regions with SBAS coverage. In addition, accuracy can be further improved to 1 to 3 meters through simple postprocessing routines to meet company or regulatory standards.
In remote environments, data integrity and standardization is critical to maintain total workflow efficiency. Professional, geo-enabled data collection requires dedicated field software. The Trimble Juno 3 series is optimized for and bundled with Trimble SOLO Forest™ software and other industry-standard field software, so you can be confident that the data you receive back in the office is exactly what you need for streamlined integration into your enterprise GIS and fast updates.
|Juno 3B||Juno 3D|
|Cellular voice & data||No||Yes|
|Integrated camera||5 MP||5 MP with Flash|
138 mm x 79 mm x 31 mm (5.43 in x 3.11 in x 1.22 in)
0.31 kg (0.69 lb) with battery
800 MHz Samsung processor
256 MB RAM and 2 GB built-in storage
3060 mAh lithium-ion, rechargeable in unit
Low (no GPS, backlight on4)
Normal (with GPS and backlight on)
-20 °C to +60 °C (-4 °F to 140 °F)
-40 °C to +70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F)
95% RH, non-condensing
1.2 m (4 ft) drop plywood over concrete
2 drops per 6 sides at ambient temperature 23 °C (73 °F)
100 cycles (200 drops) x 50 cm (1.64 ft), 10 cycles/minute
microSD Card slot (microSDHC compatible)
8.9 cm (3.5 in) QVGA (240 x 320 pixel)
resistive, sunlight readable, LED backlight
Built-in microphone and speaker, record and playback utilities
USB client v2.0 compliant
Bluetooth 2.05 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
rated HSPA+ 3.75G cellular (data and voice, Juno 3D only)6
5 megapixel color camera with autofocus
JPEG photo format, WMV video format, flash (Juno 3D only)
12 (L1 code only)
Time to first fix
30 seconds (typical)
1. SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation System). Includes WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) available in North America only, EGNOS (European Geostationary Navigation Overlay System) available in Europe only, and MSAS available in Japan only.
2. Internet access required for Municipal Reporter system workflows.
3. Using wireless technology, such as Bluetooth or wireless LAN will consume additional battery power.
4. Backlight setting at 70% brightness.
5. Bluetooth and wireless LAN type approvals are country specific. Trimble Juno series handhelds have Bluetooth and wireless LAN approval in the USA and EU. For other countries please consult your local Reseller.
6. Tri-Band UMTS/HSDPA; Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE. The Trimble Juno 3D handheld is PTCRB certified and can operate on any of these networks that do not require carrier certification. Consult with your local reseller for more information.
7. Horizontal Root Mean Squared accuracy. Requires data to be collected using vertical mounting, minimum of 4 satellites, PDOP mask at 99, SNR mask at 12 dBHz, elevation mask at 5 degrees, and reasonable multipath conditions. Ionospheric conditions, multipath signals or obstruction of the sky by buildings or heavy tree canopy may degrade precision by interfering with signal reception. Accuracy varies with proximity to base station by +1 ppm for postprocessing.
8. Requires Trimble DeltaPhase™ technology, as supported in the Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office software version 4.20 or later, or the Trimble GPS Analyst extension for Esri ArcGIS for Desktop software version 2.20 or later.
Specifications subject to change without notice.