Vehicle tracking and analog cellular communications unit
The CrossCheck® AMPS with IQEvent Engine integrates GPS, wireless cellular and computing technologies into a single, low-cost mobile positioning and communications unit. CrossCheck AMPS uses the standard wireless AMPS cellular network to send GPS data and messages from mobile units to base stations running Trimble's FleetVision® fleet management software. An optional handset allows CrossCheck AMPS to be used for voice communications as well.
The system's IQEvent Engine firmware supports automated monitoring and reporting of vehicle activity and status. An alert report, for example, automatically sends the vehicle's location and status to the operations center, which can respond by remotely activating the vehicle's security systems, such as door locks, ignition lockout, sirens or lights.
The CrossCheck AMPS receiver provides:
- Automated position, event, and vehicle data logs of 3500 to 4000 records
- NMEA-0183, TAIP, and TSIP outputs at the MDT port.
- Discrete I/O for 4 inputs and 3 outputs
- EchoRTXTM Mobile Messaging Terminal that enables the driver to exchange messages with the dispatch center.
- A voice upgrade kit that includes a telephone handset, for voice communications (hands free or handheld)