Trimble GCS900 on a Dozer with Dual GPS
The Trimble® GCS900 Grade Control System with dual GPS can be installed on dozers for a wide range of earthmoving applications. The Trimble GCS900 on a dozer with dual GPS is a full 3D control system that puts the site plan - design surfaces, grades and alignments - inside the cab.
The dual antenna configuration is unique to Trimble GPS-based Grade Control Systems. Using GPS, the exact position, very accurate cross slope, and heading of the blade is measured. This is especially advantageous for complex design surfaces such as super-elevation grading tasks.
The on-board computer uses this position information, and compares it to the design elevation to compute cut or fill to grade. This information displays on the Control Box screen in plan, profile, cross-section view, or text. The cut/fill data is also used to drive the valves for automatic blade control. Additionally, the cut/fill data is passed to the GCS900 lightbars, providing additional visual guidance to the operator for up/down to grade and right/left to a defined alignment. The GCS900 on a dozer can be operated in either indicate or automatic mode.
GPS-based Grade Control Systems are ideal for larger site projects and long-term, multi-phase projects. Using the Trimble GCS900 with dual GPS on a dozer allows contractors to significantly improve their productivity and profitability.
- Roads and highways - rough grading
- Large earthmoving projects - dams, reclamation, etc.
- Landfills and waste deposits
- Commercial site prep - complex design
- Commercial site prep - pads, grading for large slabs, etc.
- Residential site prep
- Subdivisions - pads, local infrastructure
- Land reclamation projects
- Golf course construction
- Railway construction
Features and Benefits:
- Significant cost saving
- Less time to completion
- Less rework
- No waiting for stakes to be set
- More accurate, more consistent excavation
- Perform more complex excavation