Trimble SNM940 Connected Site Gateway
The Trimble SNM940 is the first communications solution that integrates grade control data communications, remote GNSS corrections and asset management into one, easy-to-use device. It is the premium ruggedized communications connection for the Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System, CCS900 Compaction Control System, and the VisionLink™ fleet and asset management solution.
By bringing the office and the machine together in real-time, the SNM940 allows contractors to optimize asset productivity and reduce operational costs.
Grade Control and Telematics Information in Real-time
More than just a modem on the earthmoving machine, the SNM940 can automatically communicate maintenance information, telematics data and grade control related design updates to streamline workflows between the head office, field crews, site supervisors, and machine operators. Using the SNM940 allows contractors to more effectively manage remote projects from the office.
Project managers can now synchronize design information across all GCS900 Grade Control System equipped machines on site, while senior executives, fleet managers and rental equipment managers can access productivity and maintenance information about their fleets using the VisionLink web-based solution from Trimble, all from the same on-machine device. With map-based views and on-demand reports and charts, VisionLink and the Trimble SNM940 device help contractors efficiently and safely manage mixed equipment fleets, reduce operating costs, and improve productivity in the areas of fuel consumption, maintenance and fleet logistics.
SNM940 Connected Site Gateway
Get more information about VisionLink
Specifications of the SNM940
The Trimble SNM940 Connected Site Gateway communicates either on the 3G cellular network or via Wi-Fi, giving users a flexible connectivity solution. By using the 3G cellular network or Wi-Fi, the SNM940 can be leveraged in virtually all countries without additional radio licenses.
Common features in the GSM and Verizon CDMA variants include:
- 3G cellular communications
- Durable construction for use on all types of construction assets
- Rugged, durable form factor facilitates installation on all types of assets
- CDMA or GSM cellular data communications allow worldwide use
- Multiple local area communications media including Wi-Fi, RS-232, USB, CANbus, and Ethernet
- Enables vital real-time alerts and collects asset health history
- Enables rapid notification of unauthorized operation
- Provides data communications for grade control including GNSS corrections and design file transfers