Trimble Quantm technology simultaneously manages all environmental, cultural and community issues involved in planning a new freight, passenger or high speed rail project. In doing so, it substantially reduces the planning time and alignment construction cost.
The Trimble Quantm system comprehensively assesses alignment options across your terrain delivering the best candidates to the planning team for consideration. The resulting options can be analyzed quickly to address project owner and stakeholder concerns, and keep your rail project on track.
Trimble Quantm for passenger rail
Passenger rail projects benefit the community at large, and are high profile with extensive stakeholder consultation.
- Analyze alignments rapidly through the multiple review processes
- Demonstrate compliance with regulations
- Easily respond to new constraints whenever they arise
- Provide an independent validation tool to assist with preparation of tenders for various phases of the project
- Generate alignments that meet challenging horizontal and vertical design criteria while complying with numerous constraints
- Achieve significant planning cost savings throughout the project especially for expensive structures such as bridges and tunnels
Trimble Quantm for freight rail
Freight rail projects must meet the bottom line and short timescales associated with financing a project tied to global markets, while meeting environmental and legislative constraints.
- Compress project timeframe through reduced planning time
- Minimize project cost and explore alternative OPEX scenarios
- More reliable cost estimates reduce risk and attract investors
- Overcome and mitigate environmental or legislative constraints
- Quickly optimize and design tie-ins with requirements for access roads
- Identify all viable options for the extremely low gradients typical of haul rail operations
- Significant cost savings derived from bulk earthwork, tunnel and bridge reduction
- Rapidly assess various grade and track configurations such as dual or single track to further refine operational model